Can you imagine the future of energy?
The future of energy is up to you!
ENABLE.EU's interactive transitions website allows you to see what the world will be like in 2040 if we do nothing, or if we change everything, and provides a set of recommendations on what you can do right now.
Enabling the transition to low-carbon energy
The Energy Union means making energy more secure, affordable and sustainable. It will allow a free flow of energy across borders and a secure supply in every EU country, for every European. New technologies and renewed infrastructure will cut household bills and create new jobs and skills, as companies expand exports and boost growth. It will lead to a sustainable, low-carbon and environmentally friendly economy, putting Europe at the forefront of renewable energy production and the fight against global warming.
But to ensure that this transition is successful, we need to encourage citizens to adopt sustainable energy practices and behaviours.
ENABLE.EU is conducting case studies and transition workshops to get input from energy experts and regular citizens on what drives people to make environmentally conscious choices - or what keeps them from doing so.
Together, we're going to create a roadmap for a more sustainable future...
ENABLE.EU conducted three transition workshops to better understand people's energy choices
Learn more about the transition workshops
How will ENABLE.EU encourage the energy transition?
- The key socio-economic drivers of individual and collective energy choices will be determined by analysing the interrelation between various factors, such as social norms, belief systems, everyday practices and economic aspects.
- This analysis will be enhanced through a cross-country comparison in 11 nations, to better comprehend the factors that drive or impede everyday routines and practices.
- This improved understanding of people’s motivations will increase social acceptance, making citizens active participants in the consumption and production of energy.
- Better understanding of the social, economic, cultural and governance aspects of energy decisions, and differences among countries;
- Identification of the key bottlenecks that discourage energy transitions as well as the factors that motivate people to change;
- Realistic picture of the challenges and drivers for energy research and innovation, and the development of strategies to facilitate the transition to a system that will deliver clean energy to all Europeans;
- Formulation of policy recommendations to encourage the adaptation of both new and existing environmental technologies.
ENABLE.EU will provide a better understanding of the drivers of energy choices in three areas of consumption...
moving towards pollution-free mobility
Heating & cooling
comfort that is more efficient and sustainable
using power in a way that is smarter and less CO2-intensive
Subscribe to our mailing list